The landmark building in Halstead – Now Sold
Townsford Mill dates back to 1740 and was originally water powered, eventually giving way to steam. It was the first Courtauld´s mill and produced the silk crepe for Queen Victoria´s mourning gowns.
Acquired in 2002 and only partly occupied. After consultation with the Local Authority and Planners we obtained planning consent for a restaurant on a ground floor. Accommodation totalling just under 12,000 sq ft.
The Mill House has now been sold and we wish the new owners all the best with the development.