Tillwicks Court – Earls Colne
Part of the Atlas Works Development of homes and office suites, Tillwicks House was the former residence of the owner of the Foundry.
Reuben Hunt who inherited the Atlas Works Foundry from his father built and lived in Tillwicks House. He was the major employer in the village, by 1900 employing approximately half of the male working population of the village. However the business subsequently declined and The Atlas Works were closed in 1988.
Acquired as a part of the Atlas Works Development, Tillwicks House was converted into four large luxury apartments and a bungalow. With a further six bungalows built in the grounds to provide accommodation Earls Colne residents over 55.