Former Grade II listed foundry building converted into four large contemporary homes, the centerpiece of the Atlas Works Development.
In 1824 Robert Hunt, a millwright from Cambridgeshire, settled in Earls Colne and set up a millwrighting and wheelwrighting shop and smithy at what was to become the Atlas Works.
When Sir R. H. Hunt, the founder’s grandson, died in 1970 the firm was still the village’s chief employer with some 300 employees and works covering 10 acres (40,000 m2). However the business subsequently declined and The Atlas Works were closed in 1988.
The Foundry buildings were converted by us into a 4 large luxury homes and an office development with the surrounding area being developed with new build homes.